Sunday, June 5, 2011

Stella

I have this tree. I named her Stella.



Stella and I have been together for about a year and a half. I bought her at IKEA in Detroit one day when I traveled there with my sister. This was also the time in my life when I didn't need to furnish an apartment or had no need for throw pillows... (not that I have a need for throw pillows at this time in my life either, but anyway)
I bought my good ol' Stella instead.

Stella and I are in a love/hate relationship. About 335 days out of the year I love her. I lavish her in water and adoring words, but there is that one month in the year that I don't necessarily hate her, but I long for her to love me back. She doesn't like cold weather and it is during the winter months (mostly January) when Stella and I begin our struggle. I water her and her leaves still turn brown. I place her as close to the sunlight as I can without freezing her and she ignores the love and still has dead leaves. I buy her a new pot and she refuses to budge. If it wasn't for the fact Stella is actually a tree, sometimes I might believe she was my child just going through her teenage years.

But since we've made it through those cold bitter months, Stella is blooming like crazy. She loves her new place in the front window where she bask in the sun and drink away at her version of a margarita.... water.

Here's to the next 150+ good days till the cycle will repeat itself.

ap

No comments: