Friday, September 18, 2009

Benny and the Jets.

Well, it is official.
Drum roll please..... Our fish is named "Benny". I only say his name as long as I can sing.. "Benny and the Jets" with it. We had a fun time trying to figure out a perfect name. We went through a lot of "B" names like Button, Brendan, Bob..etc. We needed it to be a "B" name because he was a blue, boy, beta fish."B-b-b-benny and the Jets"

Today I had to get up early and go to a workshop/seminar for my social work class. Our class was to meet in Lima at 8:30 so that we could sit and be there in time for the speaker. I had 4 girls in my car (including me) and somehow we ended up way past the destination place. That always seems to happen to me when I drive anywhere... I always get lost. We finally made it to our destination and actually learned a lot. The seminar was called, "No more letting go". That is the recent book of a woman named Debra Jay, who deals a lot with intervention and addictions. It was truly an amazing seminar. It was hard a first because it was an all day thing, that took place in the morning. Naturally a college student doesn't become friends with the early mornings without coffee, and I had just that. :) After our adventure for the day I made my way back to the room where I answered emails, made some phone calls, and found my way back to my wonderful Blog in which I needed to update about "b-b-b-benny".

Tonight I have a night full of events. We have a welcome back "social work dinner" and then I have Shining Through Bonding to make it too. The dinner should be ok,(a little long, but I'll get over it) and bonding is going to be awesome! I will most definitely post pictures when we finish. :)

I hope that you all have a wonderful evening and that you find some time to enjoy the sunshine today!

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: