Monday, April 20, 2009

What a weekend

There are so many things that I can talk about within this post.
1. School is close to coming to an end for yet another year.
2. Shining Through had it's last Church outing for the year.
3. The sun was incredible this past weekend.
4. Riley Creek Festivle was AMAZING!!
5. I won more things that I've ever had in my entire life this past weekend!!

SO. As the weekend started the fun just kept coming. Friday night up until around 7 I made sure to knock out some homework and then the fun begins!! At 7 the new improv group on campus was performing for and hour and then the ABP was going to play some new songs. I left for Marbeck at 6.50 and was able to get a good seat! The Improv group was hilarious. I was impressed with all of the fun they had throughout their hour. It was a good time to sit with friends and relax. It seemed to me that this weekend was one where I realized that school was coming to a close. Things were moving along and people just seemed to have that end of the year hype. :) After my night in Marbeck ended with Trevor's mish mosh band, which I loved, I made my way back to the room to finally see my roommate after her art workshop. We gathered our stuff and walked to Ropp for Lets make a Deal, held by the Radio. What fun!! A lot of people turned out for this event and some really great prizes were handed out!! I won a MP3 player!!! I was sooooo excited! That was just one of the prizes that were given out within the next few days!

After a fun night with friends it was Saturday morning that I looked forward too. Shining Through was opening up the Riley Creek Festivle with worship for an hour and then the games began. The weather was warm, the sun was shining, and it was perfect. There were people all over the place with children running around and music playing in the background. I spent some time with Ireland friends and had fun at the flag face painting table. Saturday was just a good day in general. My best friend recieved one ticket for a game she played and won a digital camera. She already has one, but since mine was broken handed it over to me.!! How AMAZING!! After a fun filled night with friends, we made our way over to the Whippy Dip and then to the Drive-in movie on the lawn.
My weekend was eventful, and I loved every minute of it. :)
Shining Through came to an end, but it came in a good way. With friends, food and music.

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: