Monday, February 4, 2008

What a weekend!!!



Where to start?
When thinking about my weekend all I can say is LDP!! Leadership Development Program. This weekend was all about that! We had our winter/spring semester retreat for the LDPers! This was located in Lima at a place called Woodhaven camp. This started on Friday and was supposed to end on Saturday afternoon. What a night. It was a time to get together to meet new people,spend time with friends, and to step out of the "box" with leadership training. The first thing that I was able to do on Friday was play four-square. I havent played that since 6th grade and I spend a solid hour and a half standing in the ready position waiting to attack. This was such a great time. We spent the weekend playing little activity games. It was a lot of fun. Other than the little games we didn't get much sleep. But that's college for you. :)
On Saturday it was time for naps, friends and homework. These things seem to be an everyday occurrence for me. Over all it was a great Saturday.


One of the big things about College that sticks out to me is that it flies by as long as you are staying active. Whether it spending time with friends, being involved in a club, playing sports or just homework, the time seems to fly by. Two friends of mine were actually talking about how crazy it is that last week went by so quickly. It felt like yesterday that I was coming home from break with my car packed to the brim. We are already in our 5th week of classes and 1/3 of the way done. It seems bizarre to think about things in that sort of way.
My calendar has very few openings until the end of March/beginning of April. College just seems to be full of meetings, schedules, and work, but it is so worth it.
So as I finish this post, I ask that you think about what you love to do, what you love to be involved in, and what you are looking for in a higher education process? These questions can be the little things that make or break your decision about school. In the end, do what feels right. Pick the place that you are most comfortable in their setting or environment.

Blessings,
Anna

No comments: