Saturday, February 16, 2008

My Friday Night...

So after a long week of stress it was wonderful getting a break from it all on Friday night. Although I worked for 6 hours on Friday, the day was wonderful! I am taking a class that is only 2 credit hours so on Friday I am finished with class at 10. This seems to leave plenty of time to take a nap, find something to eat, do more homework or just to sit and talk with friends. The best part is that the options can be astounding. This past Friday, I was going to be able to see a best friend from home! She was coming to "hang out". Since my week wasn't going so well, I was suprised with our other friend and her daughter as well! It was one of the best days I've had in a while. I was able to be myself and see some old friends!
We were able to spend most of the day together, until I had to work at 5.
I think what I am trying to say is that even though you can love a place so much, there may be times when you need to get away and see a different scenery. I encourage that so much! It may be the make or break process that you will have to deal with.

Friday nights on campus are usually filled with something to do. Whether there is Marbeck After Dark (MAD), planning an activity or another organization on campus having an event.
Last night there was actually 2 things availiable. Salsa Dancing was open to anyone willing to learn how to dance in Founders. This had great reviews already. People love the fact that they can learn to dance. (well... some people) :)
As well as dancing MAD opened up the Shannon, the movie theater in town, and had a Midnight Movie playing. It was the romantic comedy, 27 Dresses. What a perfect fit for the day after Valentines Day!
The two things that I love to stress about looking for schools is that becoming involved in something on campus is very important. It could be intermural sports teams, or the musical. Being active will keep you from missing home, but will also get you out there to meet new people.
The second this is to keep an open mind... about everything. Going out of our comfort zone isn't always appealing, but can be very worth it in the end!

Have a happy weekend!
Blessings,
Anna

No comments: