Wednesday, February 20, 2008

One Saturday Morning...

Next fall, I have had the opportunity to go on an experience of a lifetime. In previous posts, I have talked about My trip to Northern Ireland. I will be there for a whole semester and will be studying the history and also the conflict that has been happening for years.


Well, this past Saturday the director of the program, flew over to the states to talk to us about the program and any questions that we may have about the program. This was something that I had been looking forward to for a while. It was when I would be getting answers, but also learning about this country. This day was going to be great! I was finally going to understand the reason I was going to Ireland... well... hopefully understand.

This was some assumption that I had. After leaving that morning, I did realize one thing and that was I only have about 6 months until I leave and I am terrified. How am I going to survive in another place without my mom? How am I going to do this. It was soon after that I understood it wasn't how was I going to, it was more of a.. I can do this.
Going away is an opportunity of a lifetime and I get to be a part of it. Sure the classes are incredibly difficult but they should be. I shouldn't be able to fly through this.

I guess this post is more about reflection than information. If there are any questions about what I will be doing over there then feel free to ask. I might not know the answers but I will try to help.

Happy Wednesday.

Blessings,
Anna

No comments: