Thursday, February 14, 2008

what a week....

This week has finally made it to Thursday and I don't know what to say. It has had a lot of ups and downs.

For starters.. Tuesday the snow was piling up around campus. There were things to be done and not a lot of time to do it in. That was when I realized that things were going to be a bit more difficult this week. Tuesday I needed to drive in the snow to Wal-mart so that I could pick up the "Couple's game" prizes. This was going to be important for our MCB activity that night. So my roommate and I took off to see Wal-mart at it's glory, which ended up being longer than usual. The snow was causing delays and we were both a bit nervous. While at wal-mart, we picked up everything we needed, but received a phone call we didnt want. Our Hall Director, Mary, called to tell us we needed to move out ASAP due to some condition with our building. There was a bit of a leak within the pipes, but we could move over to Old Ropp. The fact that they provided housing for us was wonderful, but it was a long day.
Driving back to Bluffton, we made our plan for the night to take my car, and pack it full of what we needed. At 11 pm that night, I was finally able to get comfortable within my surroundings.
So after all of that madness we finally had a place to sleep. It ended up that we needed to stay in Old Ropp for about 2 days and now I am typing from my very own computer in my room. It was a weird few days!


After moving all of our things back to RC, I needed to go to one of my favorite classes ever! At Bluffton we have a minor in Peace and Conflict Studies. This was something that goes along with the Northern Ireland program and is actually something very interesting. Laura Brenneman is the professor whom teaches these classes. She is one of my very favorite profs. She makes things interesting and will relate it to different subjects that fit. I am in her Theories of Peace and Conflict which just seems to apply the theories behind conflict resolution.
The different classes at Bluffton are so interesting. It can be funny how when trying to figure out what I need to be doing with my life, I am able to view so many options. That is what is important. I just don't want to be informed about one thing, but with an overall perspective.

This post has been a little of what is going through my head at this moment and all of the stresses in my life...
I guess there are times for everything!

Blessings,
Anna

No comments: