Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The first of many Tears...

Well- granted, I know that I’ve cried before last night, but I’ll call the tears last night, the first because of Graduation. Sometimes the realization kicks in and I remember that I wont be at Bluffton next year. I won’t have to move back into a residence hall, I wont get to go through LDP the week before classes start, I wont have a Spring break trip for Shining Through again. Wow. I guess I’ve known this for an entire year, but sometimes the realization kicks in.

I know that I am going to love Pittsburgh…. It’s a new adventure, just like Bluffton was, but this place has been my home for the past 4 years. I’ve planned, attended and ran events. I’ve watched my closest friends in musicals, bands, presentations, worship, and classroom discussions. I’ve grown in my faith, beliefs and values. What kind of place can give you all of that?? I am thankful and blessed to have a place like Bluffton to refer back to, it’s a community.

So—after my first tears shed for the upcoming Graduation, I still have this sadness in the back of my mind, but I also have excitement. I get to watch my best friends walk across that stage and get their diploma, I get to watch my closest friend give her MayDay Queen Speech Saturday morning, I get to chat with old friends that will come back to watch graduations, and I get to sit in my room with my 3 closest friends the day of graduation to laugh, grumble, make jokes, and even tear up about leaving this place.

So--- Here’s to the first of many tears---

Blessings of Peace-
Anna

No comments: