Sunday, January 31, 2010

Shining Through

There have been plenty of posts where I mention the group Shining Through and how incredible they are. This post, I will actually go a little more in depth about them(us). Shining Through is a group of 20 students that come together 1 time a week and practice singing different songs. We are a group of 20 different...very different people that come together to worship. Practice usually last for about 1 1/2 hours and is filled with music. We have a piano, electric guitar, acoustic guitar, and drums. So after one semester of practice we go out to different churches and hold a service that includes, testimonies from students and music. We do it for the congregation in hopes that they join in with us and a lot of times they do. :)
Last weekend, we had a service in West Liberty, Ohio and I think I got more joy out of singing with them then they might have. We have services that move my heart every time. It is a brilliant group to be a part of, and I am blessed by every person within the group!

--------
Click. Submit. Send.
Those three particular things were very important to me on Wednesday night. I am looking into what to do after graduation and I know that the one thing that I want to do is Voluntary Service. It is a time for me to give back for a year and I think it is a great idea. Well, this past Wednesday I turned in my early deadline for an organization that I am applying for. It is called the PULSE program. It takes place in Pittsburgh PA, and is an 11 month program. I've heard about it from 2 of my dear friends (and past Shining Through-ers). I will copy the website, so if you are interested to read up about it, you can do so. :)

Life seems to be moving along. I can't believe that tomorrow is February and that I have been at my internship for 3 weeks now. I never expected time to fly so quickly, but it has....

I hope that you are staying busy and that you enjoy the sunshine that seems to be shining in my window this morning! :)

Blessings of peace,
Anna

No comments: