Sunday, January 24, 2010

Grad School chats, chinese food, movies and more

This weekend was full of the "future". Ashley, Hannah, Megan and I have been busy the past 2 weeks finding out schedules and we have had a hard time finding time to hang out. Within the past few weeks a lot has happened, and its hard to not see your best friends as we have before. So, this weekend was devoted to catching up. We spend Friday night playing games and having fun. Saturday catching up on sleep and starting applications for grad schools, voluntary service and teaching positions. Saturday night was filled with Chinese food and a movie, and this afternoon was our apart day. It is strange to think that within the next 6 months one of us will be married, one of us might be living in a different state, another might be in grad school, and two might have real jobs and their own place. When did college go from being a place we lived for 3 years taking classes and hanging out, to a place that we will only be at for 3 months plus a few days and then we will have to find something else.
There are times when I panic more than I should. I panic about what will happen with relationships when we leave, how will if feel when we all see each other maybe once or twice a year? What will Bluffton be like without us here? There are so many questions that I ask, but know I can't find an answer.
One thing I have learned is that things will happen, whether they are good or bad, they will continue to happen, but it is what we do when they happen. That is important. I know that I won't get to talk to my best friends every day or even see them every month in September, but I can stay in contact with them, and continue to build relationship.


It was a good weekend filled with applications, food, friends, games, laughter and a lot more. I am soaking up every one of these weekends this semester.... It's second semester senior year and I am going to make the most of it. :)

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: