Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Many things to be thankful for...

Today is my nieces 1st birthday! Happy Birthday Lete! :)
It is hard to believe that 1 year ago I was just getting back to Bluffton from Northern Ireland and not fitting back in. This little girls birth gave me hope for the rest of the year! Now its one year later and I can't believe that I have to leave this place soon. I am so grateful for my past years at Bluffton,(and I know this sounds corny) but I wouldn't change a lot. I've had my good days and bad days. I've found some of the greatest people in my life and I've shared incredible moments with them. I am so blessed.
Tonight I had the opportunity to eat away from campus for once. There is this incredible couple in Bluffton named Esther and Wendell and they are the two most incredible people I've ever met. They always open their home up for students to come and eat an incredible meal. Tonight I took my roommate from last year and we ate a LOT of food. From Mexican stuffed shells, to lemon fluff pie, with German chocolate coffee, this night was incredible. It is easy to sit down at the table with them and talk all about what we are doing. It is almost like we are home for a split second and our parents are asking us how our days went. Esther and Wendell are kind of like parents to 500 or so college students over the past 10 or so years. I am thankful for Esther and Wendell and their incredible hospitality.

This week has been a busy one, whether I am rushing from one meeting to another. There have definitely been times when I just want to sit down and not do anything, but having an internship doesn't allow that. There is something good that has happened the past few days, I have woken up to a beautiful sunrise every morning as I drive to Lima. Its more of a peaceful "good morning Anna, drive safely this morning." Or maybe that is how I take it! It makes me smile every time.... so I am also thankful for the morning sunshine! :)

I hope you find that you are thankful for little unexpected things this week.
Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: