Monday, October 22, 2007

One of those days...

Have you ever had one of those days when things just dont seem to go right? A day when you want to be happy, but can't? That was my day today. I was previously going to talk about last week and the activities of homecoming, but this afternoon my day just didnt seem to be going right. Last week was our homecoming week, and being chairperson with my two best friends, it was a busy one. Well after all the hussle and bussel (i think i made that word up) I just wanted a day to sleep in and do homework and watch some good tv. This day didnt seem to come fast enough. Yesterday (sunday) was still busy because of this one test I had to study for. I knew it was going to be a hard one, so I put my whole day yesterday and throughout the day today towards this studying. It got to the point where I was exhausted of looking at the book, my computer, and the note cards I made. I was tired, cranky and just wanted to take the test. I felt as prepared as I would have ever felt and went into this class ready. Well- I guess some things just dont always go your way. The test kicked my butt. I knew some of the test VERY well, but the other half I just drew a blank in my mind. Having only a few points in this class, this test was worth quite a bit. Talking to the other students, it came across my mind that I wasnt the only person whom felt this way. I was actually in the very large majority. The point of this, I guess is that being on campus with activities is a great thing, and I wouldn't change it for the world, but academics are important too. There are days when you can pass a test with flying colors, and there are other days when you could be having the worst time of your life. Today was that day for me. With this test out of the way, I can begin to relax a little bit. Now I have to put forth more effort in order to try and raise that test grade.

College is very different from high school. There is more studying, less points, and some harder classes. But it is very much worth the effort. Whether learning about Paul's Missionary Journey's or relating politics and social work, there are interesting things in the academic field of college. Sometimes it just isn't easy, but working through that work should be worth the degree in the end.

Here's to the rainy day-
Blessings-
Anna :)


No comments: