Saturday, October 22, 2011

Lord Help the Mister...

Sisters
Sisters
There were never such devoted sisters



Never had to have a chaperon "No, sir"
I'm there to keep my eye on her



Caring
Sharing
Every little thing that we are wearing

When a certain gentleman arrived from Rome
She wore the dress and I stayed home

All kinds of weather
We stick together
The same in the rain or sun
Two different faces
But in tight places
We think and we act as one



Those who've
Seen us
Know that not a thing could come between us



Many men have tried to split us up but no one can
Lord help the mister
Who comes between me and my sister
And Lord help the sister
Who comes between me and my man




There are moments in my life when these two beautiful women are the only people that make things better. They are the only two people that can answer the random questions that I have. They have been my best friends and my worst enemy. I've cried, hit, yelled, and ran into their arms. We have had our separate lives in different states with different people, but we have always been a phone call, email or text away.

In 2 weeks, two of us will be driving 7 hours to the state of Illinois to celebrate one in a brand new way. With our Merlot dresses, orange shoes and plenty of tissues, we will be standing up next to our sister watching and supporting her in a new promise of love. Watching and crying and laughing and dancing with her as she becomes a Berry.


"Sisters, Sisters, There were never such devoted sisters"

No comments: