Thursday, November 19, 2009

So Great.

Good Morning,
I hope that you've all had a restful nights sleep, if so, I am jealous. :)
Last night Shining Through, the music ministry team I've been talking about made our way to Marion Prison to worship and sing with the inmates. I loved this day. Everyone arrived on time to leave, pack up and drive about an hour away. We made our way through security with guitars, music stands, drum sticks and music and walked along the courtyard in a group. Security in this place is very strict, but so worth it. This is one of my favorite events of the entire year. Things went off without a hitch, we had a few minor oops, but I told Shining Through I would take a few oops any day if we always sang like that. Things went so well.... we "rocked for Jesus" as I told all of them to do last night before we sang. SO great.
One of my favorite things to do after we sing, is to watch how people interact. Up until this outing we have practiced a lot, but not necessarily socialized as much. People open up talking to different people, the vans get louder with people talking, and things just go so well. I love watching the interaction between this group. It is one in a million. ;)

After getting back last night, my roommate and best friend were sitting in my room just talking. We all got a phone call from an old friend who was coming to Bluffton for the evening and wanted to see us. We spent a lot of time catching up and talking about what he has been doing that we talked all the way till midnight. Hall hours are at midnight, so we said our goodbyes for now. It is always good to see how people are doing after graduating, it gives me a little hope to think that the world might not be sooo bad. ;)

There are a lot of events happening on campus this week and next. TONIGHT Ellery is coming to perform in Bob's place. Ellery is a music duo that seems to always make their way to Bluffton, and we love them. MCB is hosting this and they are having a hot chocolate bar that will include toppings and popcorn. What fun!! Friday there will be a Euchre tournament that will be taking place and then on Monday BINGO. A lot of events that are made for students to have things to do!!! :)

I hope that a lot of people find their way to some of these things, because they are always fun!! :)

I hope you have a blessed day,
Blessings of Peace,
Anna





MCB, Shining Through on tour, The Browns game with MCB, and Riley Court girls dressed up for the Christmas/Thanksgiving Dinner!

No comments: