Wednesday, November 18, 2009

a few lasts....

Here we go again,
It is November 18th and I have absolutely no idea where the past 17 days went. It is a bit scary to wake up and realize that Thanksgiving break is in 1 week. Dont get me wrong, I am THRILLED for this break in the semester. What has been happening you ask??
Well, here is a bit of new news...

Sunday evening was the annual Midnight Madness that happens once a year on campus. It is supposed to symbolize the week that Basketball season begins. The student activities puts on this event and fills it with music, basketball events, the introduction of the teams (basketball, dance, and cheerleading) and a lot of cheering. MCB did a great job at this event this year> There were giveaways that included sweatbands, t shirts, door prizes: i pods, gift cards, fun nerf games, etc. It was a good event to go to.
Soon after that event Monday morning came along and I realized that it was the day to register for classes.... my last time to register. What a weird moment, logging on and picking the last batch of classes/internships to take for the next semester. I can't believe that I wont register for classes again at Bluffton. I have been having those strange moments happen a lot lately, stopping and remembering that this is my last year, last fall semester. CRAZY. I maybe shedding a few tears over that realization also, but I won't admit that out loud. :)
Tonight, Shining Through, a music ministry team, is taking our first road trip together. We are making our way to Marion Prison where we go and sing with the inmates. This is one of my favorite things that we do as a group all year. What a way to spend my Wednesday evening, in a prison singing. :)
This month there are alot of things happening on campus. We are having the annual LDP Thanksgiving/Christmas dinner on Sunday and I can't wait to post pictures.

That is all I have for today, and right now, but I can't wait to share about the experience of tonight with you.

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: