Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My internship.

As the weekend flew by, it was time to begin what is to be the last leg of this journey. How crazy to think about. My semester here is down to only about 3 more weeks. My internship is with a great organization called Children in Crossfire.
" Children in Crossfire exists to make a significant and lasting contribution towards the eradication of poverty. We do this not alone, but by working in a vibrant web of collaborating agencies, each of us contributing something valuable and unique towards our shared vision for a better world.
Children in Crossfire supports local initiatives that improve the daily lives for people living in some of the world's poorest communities - for instance, greater income-earning opportunities, improved health facilities, or clean water supplies. At the heart of our commitment to tackle poverty is the belief that it is within local communities that the most effective and sustainable development initiatives are to be found. Strengthening the ability of these communities to establish and sustain development initiatives is a central theme in all our work. The work that is presented throughout this website represents the results of the commitment of all those who have joined us in our work.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you, our funding partners, our partner organisations, our Associate Members, our employees, and our volunteers."
http://www.childrenincrossfire.org/index.php?menuid=2

That is from the children in crossfire website explaining the idea behind the organization.
I was very nervous going into my first day. It was like going into your first day of school without friends x100. Even though my hands were shaking, and sweating, and that I was almost late due to the bad directions, the rest of my day was incredible.
I am working in the Dev Ed. Department. This is developmental education. I was thrown right into meetings, making posters and meeting new people. The next day I went on a teacher retreat for educating them about outside issues within the schools. It was incredible. I am learning so much already and it is only the 3rd day! :)
This place is so encouraging with human rights, women's rights, the idea of peace... etc.

So much to do and say!
Stay in Touch! :)
Peace and blessings!
Anna

No comments: