Monday, April 28, 2008

What I cherish...


to do. I should make a list... but I'm not that organized. After leaving work last night I was able to go and spend the last night with Shining Through. We had our final get together for the year. It was a time of prayer and food! :) Two things that as a group, we love to do.
After that gathering, I came back to my room to see where I could begin packing. There are so many things that I have been blessed with this past year, but I am going to tell you about one of them.
My dearest friend Megan was in Northern Ireland for the first half of this past semester. She loved every minute of it. It was a "growing period" for her, as she would call it. While she was over there, we bonded. (It seems a bit funny. The fact that the Atlantic Ocean was between us, but we grew closer.) Before she left, I knew that she would do amazing things over there, but actually hearing about them made it all worth while. I then decided to apply for that same abroad program and was blessed to get in. So as she was flying back with this wonderful knowledge, I was ready with questions.
My favorite memory of this year is when Megan was home for her first full day and came in and sat on my futon. She talked and talked about her experience and all about how amazing it was. We were lucky to look at pictures together and she was filled with this pure joy. She then brought in a mug. It is brown and blue and very little. Dainty, perfect for tea. She handed the mug to me and said "you get to experience the same thing I did."
That mug is sitting on my desk. It is something that I can cherish from this past year. It is something that a dear friend brought back to America for me.--How cool!

So, as I begin this post, I am laughing at all of the things that I have
So as I begin to pack my life back into boxes... I find memories like that. It is much easier to pack. :)

Blessings to you on this day,
Anna

No comments: