Sunday, April 13, 2008

Weekend fun

Well, It is already April 13th. Can you believe it? Time seems to be going so quickly. (I know that I say this everytime but it does.)
This past weekend for me was full of excitement, laughter, and friends. A lot of times I talk about the women I live with, but I want to let you all in on a group of people whom I don't think college would be the same without them. (Well at least for me) Like previously stated in past posts I am in a group called Shining Through. They are the music ministry teams on campus and have a part of my heart. We are about 20 student whom have tried out to be on this "team" who love to sing, praise God, and give our personal testimonies.
This group of students are people that I see regularly every Thursday for practice and maybe Sundays during the second semester. So when looking at that, I do not hang out with them every night, nor do I call them regularly to chat. They are however some of my best friends.
How is that you ask? Well... when you are with people sharing about yourself, faith, and all of your beliefs you usually get to know a person. It just happens.
Well, this weekend happened to be our last Shining Through outing for the year. It was the last time that we would be able to stand and sing with the 3 seniors whom were leaving. We were able to travel yesterday (Saturday) to the location of the Church service for today to hang out. We all stayed in a cabin that was wonderful. A fireplace, good food, and beds was all that we needed to keep ourselves happy and that's what we did. We were able to stop thinking about all of the school work that we needed to get done and spend time playing games together.

Just taking time out to relax turned out to be one of the best weekends that I have had at Bluffton since I have been here. I have grown as a person and in my faith being with these people and that is something I will cherish forever.

As I begin to pack boxes up for yet another end of the year, I hope to make more relationships like the ones that I have with Shining Through. I am able to truly be myself within the group. I think that is why I am so comfortable with them.
There are so many things to know when walking into college for the first time... my absolute favorite thing is that not knowing everything opens up room for you to learn more about yourself. I have been able to do that.

Try to stay dry. (It is raining and cold outside)

Blessings~
Anna

No comments: