Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Favorites...

So after hearing all about Shining Through, the weekends at Bluffton and even some of the classes, some things that I would like to share with you are my favorite things at Bluffton. Whether it be my favorite sporting event to watch, my favorite place to study, favorite food in Marbeck.. this post is all about that!
When choosing Bluffton, I did choose to come here for a reason. That reason was because it was the best campuse environment that I had attended in my search for college. This in point being where my "favorites" begin.
This year I have had the opportunity to grow closer with people on campus, find organizations that fit my personality and finally get into sync with what fits my everyday routine. These different things are many of my favorite things to do on campus. After a long day of class I love that I can come back to my room and sit down with the television turned on in the background and begin a conversation with friends. I have grown closer with the girls on my floor and in Riley Court. This has been a blessing in my life because if I hadn't chosen Bluffton then these girls wouldn't be a part of my college experience. Other than growing with people, I have seen growth in organizations that I see on campus. It is a wonderful thing to walk by the boards in Marbeck and see another group advertising for an event that weekend. Watching new clubs form shows that as a community at Bluffton we are growing.
When walking into the Commons in Marbeck there are always days when you go in hoping that your favorite food will be served at lunch. Today I was hoping that Chicken Patty's would appear on the line, but they didnt. It was a bit of a let down, but I recovered with a ham sandwich and the "frost your own cupcake" dessert.

Bluffton has so many things that I can categorize under my "favorite" things. It is a place where friends are made. That is something that trumps the "favorites" list.

Have a splendid day!
Blessings
Anna

No comments: