Saturday, January 19, 2008

the time away from school...

College. One word, so many opinions, so many types of views, so many choices. I went into my Senior Year of high school with so many unanswered questions. I had no idea where I was planning to go to college or even what I wanted to major in. It was something that many of my teachers were bringing up. They wanted to know, they wanted to tell stories of their college days... it was a whirlwind of excitement. The thing is... that you don't need to know everything about your college. You don't need to have a major. Everything does not have to be exact. One of the best things about the colleges that you may go to is that they usually answer every question that you have.
It is a terrifying process that you have to go through, I know... I have been there and it wasn't too hard. This is crazy to think about, I know. Planning what you will be doing the next four years of your life and studying something that is going to be a part of your career. It is difficult, but so is life. Nothing seems to be easy, but once you find the place you love and the college that suits every part of your being it is a relief. You have found the pure joy.
Bluffton has brought that joy to me. It is a place that allows for a wonderful education but also a place where I can worship, a place where I can sit in my room with friends. Bluffton was the place that I missed while I was at home. It is a place of friendship, laughter.
When finding a college, make sure that it fits you. Make sure that it is a place that you will love to come back to and hate to leave. It should be the place where you feel comfortable learning. There are so many opportunities out there. Take into consideration your hopes and dreams, and find a way to go for them. It is amazing at what can happen.

You may end up here at Bluffton wearing a jersey, supporting the Beavers, worshiping in Chapel, skipping on the sidewalks, studying in the tech center, or just sitting in Marbeck with your new friends. College is an important part of life, but finding one that fits you is what's important.


Blessings.
Anna

No comments: