Sunday, January 27, 2008

My weekend... unlike many others..

Well,
Happy Sunday. Wow! I can not believe that it is almost February. Time seems to go by so fast when you don't think about it. This topic seems to be brought up in a lot of my posts. I guess there are just days when I actually realize that what I am doing is actually progressing.. for example
I believe in the beginning of the year I would write about the beginning of Shining Through practice. Well.. now we are not into the beginning of practices anymore, but we will be and are traveling to churches already. This is a crucial part of second semester because it means that we are already more than half way done with a year of school. This thought also brings up the scary subject of the Seniors that are leaving. One semester done while another one is on it's fourth weeks seems crazy. Just an example of how fast things move.
Something that has been on my mind these past few days seems to be the lengthly homework that seemst to be given to us every week. Sure there will be quizes to take and some reading, but I was NOT expecting so much. Even though I am saying all of this does not mean I don't like college. I LOVE IT. It is a new experience that can't be taken lightly. It is a time where you need to rely on yourself to succeed. It is almost the best time because you create your own study habits, your friends, your work ethic. It is all based on how you work the best. College is a place where you can take classes that you are interested in, classes that you participate in, and classes where the reading can sometimes be fun.
The point I am trying to make is that when thinking about finding a College or University you always need to take into consideration the amount of work you will be putting in, it is part of the schooling, but also look at what will make it a comfortable setting FOR you to study and apply yourself. DON'T LET IT SCARE YOU!!

Blessings,
Anna

No comments: