Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Well... how many days left??

This past week I have realized a few things...
1. That Spring Break is over.
2. That I wish I was at a beach soaking up the sun.
3. That the sun makes the world a better place.
4. Spring is literally right around the corner.
5. Friends are incredible. (Thanks, Joel)
6. I love Bluffton in the Spring.
7. I only have (about) 21 days left at my internship.

It is quite difficult to come back to class when the past 10 days were filled with 23 of your friends crammed into a small mini bus. This past break was one for the books. Shining Through took off for our every other year Spring Break tour filled with adventures. Whether we were laughing on the bus, playing trivia games, making hemp bracelets, worshiping at a church, beach, or high school, making new friends or sitting in silence, this past week was one that I can look back on and smile. I made memories that I will always remember.

So, after that week of greatness, it is hard to come back to Bluffton and jump back into things. I have talked to many of my friends who are feeling the same way. Most of our status' said that the beach looked really great right now, or that we want to have 10 more days together... obviously Administration, we need to make Spring Break LONGER!!! (Who would I go to about this??) :)
A few things that have made this week better, knowing that Spring is almost here, and that the sun is or will be shining. People are happier when the sun is out, and coming home from my placement to a "sun warmed car" is one of my favorite things. :)
Today has been a busy day. I drove into Lima for my placement and then couldn't get my car started once I was there. So after a long process of calling AAA and towing my car back to Bluffton, I realized that I was stranded in Lima. This is where friends are great!! I texted as many people as I could and found out that alot of them were busy at their own internship/student teaching. So I turn to people on campus. My dear friend Joel was able to take a break from sitting outside doing homework (don't get me started) to come and pick me up. :) What great people I know. After a small detour, he made it with a laugh on his face. This is why I LOVE my friends.

On Monday I walked on campus and stopped in my tracks. The green grass is starting to make an appearance, the sun was shining down on campus, the sky was blue and things just seemed at peace. I fell in love with the feel of this campus 4 years ago, and enjoy the fact that I still love it. :)

It is difficult to come back to things after a break, but one thing I did notice is that I only have 21 more days left of my internship. This fact is astonishing to me. I couldn't believe that time has gone by so quickly, but that i'm ready for it. Graduation things are appearing in my mailbox and I only seem to panic a little. I guess that is because I know what I'm doing... which in itself is exciting to say!!

I hope you all have a blessed Thursday tomorrow!!

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: