Monday, March 29, 2010

I have been changed... for good!

Have you ever heard of the Musical Wicked? Its based off of the Movie and Book, The Wizard of Oz. It basically is the “pre-story” to Dorothy, the Wizard, the Lion, Scarecrow, and Tin Man. Its about the Witches and how they became who they were in the movie. I LOVE this Musical, not just because its clever, because it is, but because of the music. The lyrics to one song in particular For Good, are always in my head.
------
I’ve heard it said
That people come into our lives
For a reason, bringing something we must learn
And we are lead to follow those who help us grow
If we let them and we help them in return

Well I don’t know if I believe that’s true
But I know I’m who I am today
Because I knew you…
-------
How incredible are these lyrics? They are the ones that stand out the most to me, but also the ones that I cherish. I think about the relationships that I’ve made at Bluffton the people that I’ve met, the best friends I can walk out with and the lives that have touched mine and I literally start to tear up. I know that I have plenty of days left, but it is actually difficult to think about what will happen after college. Bluffton has prepared me for life after this…. After living in a dinky room with a girl that I’ve grown to love and call my roommate and best friend, after worshiping with 20 incredible people every year in this music ministry group, after staying up late writing papers with my dear friend until 3:30am. I have been touched by this campus, I have been loved by this campus, and also frustrated by this campus.
Where do I go from here? I know what I am doing, where I am moving, but is that going to be the similar to Bluffton? Will I be able to fit in as easily or adjust to the world outside of this small town?? I was talking to a friend that goes to Bowling Green and how life on campus is for them and I realized that Bluffton is different. It isn’t just a school that I attended for 4 years, it is my life. I’ve grown in my beliefs, my friendships, my knowledge and experience at Bluffton. It has been the perfect fit for me, and even though sometimes throughout the past 4 years, I know I’ve been angry and frustrated at a few things, this place was where I needed to be.

A few things I think about for life after Bluffton,
1. To stay in touch with the people here
2. To stay in touch with the people that leave with me
3. To encourage all of you… to find your place and think about the people that have changed you… for good.

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: