Friday, January 16, 2009

And so it begins.... again

Good Morning
Well, the time of separation is over. I have finally stepped foot back onto Bluffton's campus with much more than Christmas Break to chat about. It makes me laugh a bit to stop and realize that the last time I logged onto this account, I was sitting in another bedroom in my home in Londonderry/ Derry, Northern Ireland. I was happy there. I was running around the city, from placements to class to dinner parties, only to come home to a warm fireplace. It was very much worth the struggle and anxiety of making it the whole semester away.
This past semester has done many things for me....
-1. I have come out with 15 new/close friends.
-2. I know I can make my own dinner. ;)
-3. I have seen the world.
-4. But most of all, I have become a stronger person.

Last Sunday, I packed up my things and refused to get into my car. At this point in time I didn't realize that I was having reverse culture shock, but I will tell you one thing... it was HORRIBLE. For the first time in my life, I was nervous to come back to Bluffton.

The past 2 weeks I have been in a struggle with fitting back into the smallness of Bluffton. Do not get me wrong, it was one of the reasons that I chose to come here, but coming back into this place is more of a challenge than I'd expected.
------
Things are off to a start though, classes are all in a row and homework is plentiful. It makes me laugh looking back on my incredible semester and wishing I was back in the land of green hills and tea. That semester has forever changed my outlook on life, and will forever be my love and home.
I am excited to blog about the struggles of this semester and everything that we have in store for us..! Stay tuned.

Blessings of Peace.

Anna

No comments: