Wednesday, November 30, 2011

wonderful wednesday, favorite things

As I sit here on my Wednesday evening, I'm trying to think of something good to post. Great things happened over this past week. I saw my sisters, best friends, nieces, family. Ate a lot of food, did a lot of early morning shopping and took multiple naps, but I'm still not sure what I want to really focus on. So instead of some wonderful things from the past week, I'm posting some of my favorite things.

So here goes.

1. White Christmas. I love this movie. I grew up with this movie. I fell for the dancing, singing and of course the love story. I usually don't limit myself with a specific number of times I'm allowed to watch this movie, but now that it's close to the Holiday's, I'm prepared to watch it over and over again.



2. A cuppa hot tea on a chilly night. I'm currently drinking a mug of peppermint tea, but last night it was honey vanilla chamomile. I sit with a blanket and hold a cup of tea at the end of the day and it's like instant relaxation.

3. Walking home after a long(ish) day.
I'm super lucky to live .5 miles from my office. I can usually make my morning commute to work in about 2.5 songs on my ipod (depending on how long they are). I really enjoy the walk to work. In the fall, I could step on the leaves as I made my way down the hill. Every morning I get to see progress on a duplex that is being renovated. As important as it is for my morning commute, my evening commute is even more important. It's a time for me to wind down from all of the busy work, wind down from the little things that might drive me crazy, but it allows me to leave work at work... (for the most part)
So, I'm thankful for that half a mile walk home.

4. Gilmore Girls.
End of Story. 7 Seasons of goodness. Mother and Daughter combo. Small town charm. Crazy family drama. What's not to love?!?!




What are some of YOUR favorite things?!?!

No comments: