Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What a feeling...

Wow.There is so much that I could talk about, but I am actually going to start with how I was feeling a few days ago. On Sunday, I took a hike over to the computer lab to work on my papers. I know, I know... the papers are all I seem to be interested in at the moment, but once I get them finished my homework for this semester will mostly be finished! :) But anyway. Sunday was a chillax kind of day. I'm not sure whether or not that was a good thing though. After I was in the midst of papers, I began to realize that I can't really go home for a while. After all of this amazing stuff that has happened to me, part of my mind is just wanting to curl up and find something that would fill me with comfort. I guess it was like that at Bluffton too, but being here in Ireland is a lot further away than the usual and feels a bit different. Church didn't seem to help the situation because it was one service where things just got too deep. I was so overwhelmed that I was lost to where to start. So my Sunday ended in frustration, and that was actually where my Monday began. One word of advice, is that I wouldn't go to bed in another country being frustrated. It does not help the process. Although I was stressed, I was able to find more people feeling the same ways. It was just like this is the halfway point in the trip where you want to stop and quit. There was a story once that Mervyn told us about a student who didn't like the program. He said that they should write a letter to their house and sleep with it under there pillow for 3 days. Then see if they really want to mail it. After three days they forgot about the letter because they were having a great time.
I need to be like that person. I need to push my way through this rough patch and find the joy in this hard, dark tunnel.
Today was better than the last few, and things are looking better! We go to Belfast tomorrow for a tour of the city with the group. It should be interesting!

I wish you all the blessings this week! :)

Anna

No comments: