Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Everybody's Got a Laughing Place

When I was little, my mom use to sing this song. (It's from the movie Song of the South, which isn't PC anymore and I don't think you can find it anywhere... but that song will get stuck in your head if you let it.)

Everybody's got a laughing place
A laughing place to go
Take a frown, turn it upside down
And you'll find yours we know
Honey and rainbows on our way
Where everyone is worth his weight
Boy are we in luck
We're visiting a laughing place
Everybody's got a laughing place
A laughing place to go




Mom always says that her laughing place is in West Virginia. Something about the mountains, bends in the road, and the smell. It also helps that our family is in WV.  Well, this coming week, we're going to that laughing place and I cannot wait. It's the one place that I wont get cellphone reception, where I can spend my day sitting on a front porch swing with a glass of sweet tea. 

Laughing place, here I come. 



No comments: