Wednesday, May 2, 2012

April 11

April 11th 2012 was a day I'll never forget.

It actually started off as a day that I never wanted to remember... but I'm getting ahead of myself.

I woke up on that Wednesday morning feeling incredibly rested. Anyone that knows me, probably can realize the issue with that statement immediately. My alarm didn't go off, so I have a very nice sleep, waking up around 9:30. I had planned to be in my office at 9 that morning, just to finish some preparations for the annual fundraiser that we were getting ready to have on Friday. I was already a tad bit stressed, but I took a breath and jumped into full "get ready" mode. As I ran downstairs to grab a lunch and brew some morning coffee, I started to put away the dishes. (The night before I noticed my favorite mug was dangling off the edge of the drying rack.) I immediately grabbed the mug and set it on the counter, apparently I didn't set it completely on the counter and I watched in slow motion my favorite mug fall to the ground. I had the coffee pot in one hand and spilled water everywhere trying to catch it, but the mug shattered.

To remind you, this all happened before 10 am.
Here are my Tweets from that morning...

It was not a good morning. Not at all.
That was actually just the beginning. With all of the stress piling up at work and an afternoon from Hell. I considered walking home, putting on my sweatpants and crawling back into bed. I really wanted to do that. REALLY!!

However, my evening was going to be filled with a date. I felt as though I was in not shape for a date with the boy, but we planned it a week or so before and I knew we were going to my favorite restaurant, so I was totally game. Restaurant's in Pittsburgh are a lot of BYOB, so as Joel stopped by to pick me up he had my favorite wine.  I thought he was being nice to me after my breakdown in the afternoon, but apparently he had other plans. We talked about our Easters over dinner, talked about the weather, made each other laugh and had one of the best dinners ever. I would have considered that a perfect date. He had other plans. We jumped in the car and he stopped at the house where I lived last year. The PULSE house on Stanton.  I was not in the mood for seeing people, and I knew the house was having dinner, so I was incredibly confused at what was happening. He grabbed his guitar and pulled me to the porch swing. The same swing where we started dating, the swing where I would sit and watch the world fly by me last year. I love that swing.  As we sit, he brings up a promise we made (that I hadn't lived up to yet) and said "I'm going to follow up with my end of the deal, but first...."

He went into all of the great things that have happened over the past 8 months and then pulled out a beautiful beautiful ring. After lots of giggling and smiles, I said Yes! :)

Soon after, everyone in the house ran out, and we ended the proposal with this song....

That's the story of my April 11th. It started off as a horrible day, but ended up pretty darn good.  :)


Maggie said...

:) :) :)

Kate.Stoltzfus said...

OMG ANNA! That song! This is the cutest thing ever. Congrats you two!

Kate.Stoltzfus said...

Oh my goodness. ANNA! That song! This is the cutest thing ever.