Monday, February 15, 2010

Social work Capstone...

Well,
Many of you might know, if you have been following my blogs for the past 3 years, that I am a social work major. Yes, am one of those people that want to change the world and make little money. :) In previous posts I've talked about my internship and everything that has come with it, but something that I don't necessarily talk about is the Capstone class. Every Tuesday, I leave my internship early to drive back to Bluffton for an evening full of class. One is to check up on us to see if things are working out and the other one is to focus on Professional Development, Social work ethics and what we might expect after graduation. Within that last class we have a large paper that is due at the Beginning of April. The minimum is 25 pages. Granted, if we work enough ahead then things shouldn't be too bad, but for that one instance when we fall behind... it will be a rough couple weeks.
Within this paper, we are supposed to pick any part of social work and learn about it. Because I am working in a community Development section, that is what I picked. What is community dev. How can it help? What are some examples,etc. It should be an interesting paper, once I get into it, but until then... I am struggling to start it. I just need to put forth about an hour a day.. or even 2 hours. Any free time that I am sitting down I should be working on it... but there is so much more to do outside of homework..... ;)

I need to get my priorities straight. :)

Hope that you are all staying warm!!

Blessings of Peace,
Anna

No comments: